TACTICAL MISSION SUPPORT ENGINEER DESCRIPTION: Mission support personnel shall be experienced functional Information Technology specialists well-versed in the utilization of tactical local area network hardware, software applications and tools. Tactical Mission Support Engineer (TMSE) personnel shall be knowledgeable in system operations, performing preventive and corrective maintenance, conducting troubleshooting with the use of common test equipment, conducting refresher/continuation training, and facilitating warranty actions. This applies to all systems identified in program System Description and Version Description Documents (VDD). Whenever possible, the TMSE shall take advantage of existing training course material and/or technical documentation provided by the Government.
The Tactical Mission Support Engineer shall provide highly technical tactical systems engineering expertise for tactical local area network systems and related interoperable components as required. The TMSE will provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized client and server applications and systems that operate in and between tactical devices. Manages all aspects of the tactical mission support process for applicable tactical IT assets, including tactical information technology assets and systems as prescribed by the Government Program Office. Apply Systems Engineering principles, methods and knowledge to specific task requirements to meet customer needs for tactical systems and required ancillary equipment that interacts with the program component hardware.
• Performs analysis, design, and development of tactical user interface features for system interoperability
• Proficient mastery of server administration for Windows Server systems and solutions. Support Virtual Storage Area Network (VSAN) capabilities
• Perform access control, routing, and switching engineering for tactical servers and hardware
• Support tactical server and client imaging processes and configuration updates to meet customer expectations
• Interact with differing levels of tiered support teams from different organizations to ensure that hardware and software provides optimal support to customers
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Demonstrable experience in virtual infrastructures, server systems, virtual storage, hypervisor and all related tactical server technologies
• 6-8 years of Systems Integration Engineering and assessment
• Expert knowledge of tactical servers, routers and switches
• Teambuilding and engineering team collaboration
• Top Secret Security Clearance w/SCI
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field / Experience may be substituted for formal education
• 4 years experience in administration of Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Office products.
• 4 years experience in administration of storage solutions
• 4 years experience in administration of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls, including demonstrable experience analyzing firewall rule sets and router access control
• Demonstrable experience in managing, responding to, and resolving crisis situations caused by network outages or delays
• Understanding of radio IP translation and wide area voice environments and tactical communications messaging systems.
LIMITED OPERATIONS SUPPORT: TMSE personnel may be required to deploy with an operational unit to support real world missions or major exercises. TMSE personnel will normally deploy no sooner than one week after notification for routine operational support. The decision to deploy TMSE personnel for emergency support will be made by the Program Management Office.